Why Is My Whirlpool Fridge Not Cooling But Freezer Works?
- 1 Why does my freezer work but not the refrigerator?
- 2 Can a fridge stop working but freezer still works?
- 3 Is there a reset button on Whirlpool refrigerator?
- 4 How much does it cost to fix a refrigerator that is not cooling?
- 5 How do you fix a refrigerator that is not cooling freezer is working?
- 6 Why is my freezer cold but not freezing?
- 7 How do I know if my evaporator fan motor is bad?
- 8 How do you know if your fridge is broken?
- 9 How do you reset a Whirlpool fridge?
- 10 How do you reset the compressor on a Whirlpool refrigerator?
- 11 How do I run a diagnostic on my Whirlpool refrigerator?
Why does my freezer work but not the refrigerator?
The problem with that is that the freezer contains vents that allow cold air to flow. If these vents become blocked by too many items in the freezer, that can limit the airflow that goes on to the refrigerator. Obviously, in this example, the freezer would be fine but the refrigerator would be too warm.
Can a fridge stop working but freezer still works?
There are only a handful of part failures that can explain why your refrigerator won’t get cold but freezer works: Damper control assembly. Evaporator fan motor. Defrost control board.
Press the door switches and the refrigerator temperature button three times within 10 seconds. If the refrigerator display goes blank after all that effort, then the Whirlpool appliance is back in good working order.
How much does it cost to fix a refrigerator that is not cooling?
Some repairs that are generally worthwhile include cleaning a dirty coil, unclogging a drain line, or replacing a faulty thermostat. A fridge that won’t stay cold is usually suffering from a bad thermostat or a dirty coil. Both of these problems can be fixed in about an hour, and will cost about $50 to $250.
How do you fix a refrigerator that is not cooling freezer is working?
Vacuum the coils under or behind the fridge. Clogged coils can cause poor cooling. Check to make sure nothing is stuck in the condenser fan and that it spins freely (models with coils on the back won’t have a fan). To do this, unplug the fridge and pull it out.
Why is my freezer cold but not freezing?
Causes: If your freezer won’t freeze, most likely the condenser coils are dirty which reduces the overall cooling capacity of the freezer. Evaporator fan motor is malfunctioning, and since it’s in charge of circulating the air throughout the freezer, this will need to be resolved, pronto.
How do I know if my evaporator fan motor is bad?
Listen for a squeal or chirp sound. If the evaporator fan motor is going bad, it may still run while making a high pitched sound that may come and go. If you hear that sort of sound, something may be caught in the fan blades or the motor may be dying.
How do you know if your fridge is broken?
7 Major Warning Signs That Your Refrigerator Is Broken
- It’s Not Cold Enough. Are you not feeling a chill when you open your fridge?
- Your Food is Spoiling Quickly.
- There’s Condensation.
- Ice Is Building Up in the Freezer.
- The Motor is Hot.
- It’s Loud.
- There’s Water on Your Floor.
- Signs Your Refrigerator is Broken.
How do you reset a Whirlpool fridge?
Reset the refrigerator
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) or unpluging the product for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s) or plugging the product back in.
- Ensure the cooling function is turned on.
- Test the control panel functionality.
How do you reset the compressor on a Whirlpool refrigerator?
4 steps to reset a refrigerator compressor
- Unplug your refrigerator.
- Turn off the refrigerator and freezer from the control panel.
- Reset your freezer and fridge temperature settings.
- Wait for the refrigerator temperature to stabilize.
How do I run a diagnostic on my Whirlpool refrigerator?
Starting Diagnostics To start with we need to start the refrigerator’s diagnostic mode. To do this open the refrigerator door and press one or both door switches, depending on your refrigerator type. Next press the refrigerator temperature (+) button three times in ten seconds and release the light switch or switches.